There are several different kinds of air conditioner rebates in Ontario. The provincial government and equipment manufacturers both offer different types of rebates. The rebate described below is provided by the Ontario government through Save On Energy. Rebates apply to both commercial and residential situations. To find out if you’re eligible for a rebate take a look at the information and eligibility requirements below:
- This heating and cooling incentive is only available to residents and businesses of Ontario. Eligible businesses must be utilizing residential-type air conditioning and HVAC systems. Equipment must have been purchased through and installed by an eligible HVAC contractor like Novel Care.
- You must be an Ontario resident to qualify.
- All service must also be performed by an eligible heating and cooling contractor like Novel Care.
Incentives for installations of eligible equipment completed between Jan 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2016. Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2017 and all supporting documentation, including the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 1, 2017.
Upon the successful submission and acceptance of your application you will receive:
- $250 incentive when you purchase and install a new ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning (CAC) system that satisfies at least a 14.5 SEER and 12 EER.
- A $250 incentive when you replace your existing furnace with the purchase and installation of a new eligible high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $400 incentive when you purchase and install an ENERGY STAR certified CAC system that satisfies at least a 15 SEER and 12.5 EER.
Full Terms & Conditions can be found here.
Novel Care has been providing professional and reputable air conditioner and HVAC services in Toronto, York Region and the rest of the GTA for over 35 years.